Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How to care for your Flameware

In my last post, I introduced you to Flameware, Longaberger's new cookware line.  You know, I have it in my home now, but because I had other things to do that required me to eat a meal out this weekend, The Bee (Longaberger's national convention for consultants), an anniversary celebration, and a family and friend's event at church, I have not had a chance to cook a meal in my new Flameware.   I am one busy lady.   So I cannot wait to cook something in either my skillet or braiser. I will have to wait just a little bit longer, but not much longer.
Once your Flameware arrives in your home and you take it out of the shipping box, one of the first things you will notice is that the product does not come in the traditional Longaberger product box.   The box looks a little more classier than the others, but I am not concern with the box itself (except that the braiser box allows me to reuse it to hold a stack of 12 x 12 scrapbook papers in holiday theme), I am ready to get at what's inside the box.  Once you open the box, always notice the contents.  You will receive in the skillet box one skillet and one grip made of silicone.  Inspect both.  The skillet should be light in your hand with no cracks and the silicone grip should be in one solid piece with no damage.  If any of these pieces have them, please notify your consultant.  The braiser box should have 3 pieces in it (one braiser, two grips made of silicone).  Again, if any of these pieces are missing or damages, notify your consultant.
Next, season your cookware, it is recommended by the company.  To season the cookware, you can use either the milk method or the rice and water method.  Either will work fine.  Seasoning the pizza stone is not necessary.  As the facilitator explained to everyone in the room Friday, "if you can find a way to hold milk on a pizza stone, let me know."  You will need the following amounts of whole milk:

  • 3 cups for the skillet
  • 4 1/2 cups for the lidded braiser
  • 2 1/2 cups for the lidded dutch oven
The water and rice method require you to simmer on quart of water with 1/2 cup of rice for 5 minutes.  Once you have completed the process, just simply clean in the dishwasher or hot soapy water if you do not have one.   In other words like you clean any piece of cookware, except ironware, which experts do not recommend for the dishwasher.
It has been recommended that you also take note of the following care instructions for your cookware:
  • Use only nylon, plastic, silicone, and wooden utensils.  Metal utensils may leave marks on the surface. If this happens, use Kitchen sink powder to remove the marks. 
  • Store Flameware separately if space permits.  do not nest as it may cause damage.
  • Place Flameware on a hot pad or trivet to prevent damage to the table or counter top.
  • Remember, these are ceramic pieces and if dropped, they may break. 
Other then these items, enjoy your product.   Have a blessed day.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment below. Thank you.