Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

       Memorial Day is a day in which Americans remember those who were is service and died for the rights we all call freedom.   My father is still living, but he served 22 years in the Air Force.   Although we do not often do not see eye to eye on some things, my mom says that I am my father's daughter.  Even though I chose not to serve my country in that capacity when I turned 18, I feel like I too have served this country by giving them my daddy.   Oh, but for a young child, the perks were wonderful. A Pachinko machine here, little trinkets there.  Believe it or not, I moved a total of 8 times in my life before the age of 18.  I have heard stories of families moving more times than that on civilian jobs.   Me and my mom lived with my maternal grandparents for a year when I was 2, 3 homes in California, 2 in New Jersey, 1 in my present city.  What my father missed in dance and music recitals, choir concerts, plays, and so forth, he made up in love (although at the time I wanted both).  My father was retired by the time I graduated from high school.   That is how committed he was to serve his country.
Longaberger is a lot like my father.  For instance, did you know that if a person becomes a consultant and they are an active, reservist, or retired military personnel or the spouse of one, they can get their business kit free of charge?  If you are a fan of the products, getting a free business kit is like getting a gift at Christmas or on your birthday.  It makes it so much special.
Another thing that Longaberger is doing is bring the pottery back home to America.  This means more jobs, and more money in American's pockets.   I was there last year when Tami Longaberger made that announcement.   I remember being so excited about this announcement, until it made me feel even more proud to be not only an American, but a consultant with this company call Longaberger.  I blogged about it that night.   Monday (May 20th) that dream became a reality.   I did attend, but there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony in Buffalo, New York to the new Longaberger Pottery Works Plant.   My leader, as well as several others from the Big Basket (including Tami and her daughter, Claire) will be attending.   I am so happy about that. 

With that being said, the special for this week (May 22-Tuesday May 28, 2013) is a Memorial Day Sale.   

Also on sale:



Also, offer to support someone this Memorial Day.






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment below. Thank you.