Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hump Day Happenings: Santa Belly Baskets

Where has the year gone? In little over a month, the following holidays will be upon us: Christmas and Hanukkah. Don’t forget about those that celebrate Kwanzaa. I feel like I just took down my Christmas tree, but I didn’t. Next week is Thanksgiving, and we just celebrated Halloween. Snow was not supposed to happen this week in Central Ohio, but it did, and I’m sitting here with the heater at full blast. Today I’m not here to talk about how cold it is, or that 2004 is now a 10 year distant memory (I visited Disney World that year), or that we are getting ready for 2015. I am here today to talk to you about collections, and what they mean to you. In the Longaberger line of baskets, you will find that there are several baskets, which you will fall in love with, and will consider collections. Let me break them down to you in several categories: classic baskets (what Longaberger calls Core baskets), and specialty baskets. Core baskets, are those baskets that have been around since the beginning of the company, and specialty baskets are those baskets which have a special meaning to the company. Core baskets are baskets such as the bread basket, the Market Basket, the cracker basket, and the darning basket. I like these baskets because no matter what style these baskets come in, they will always stay to their truth shape. Out of the core baskets, I like the Market Basket line, because no matter if it comes in small, medium, or large, you can put almost anything in these baskets. The bread basket is not just for bread, you can put your favorite CDs, bottles of perfume, or use it to hold small kitchen items in it. The cracker, darning, or button baskets are good for the craft room, baby’s changing table or room, or even in the garage. Core baskets are very versatile, and a must for every home. I am sure you will find a use for them. Specialty baskets, on the other hand, can be either a core or a special shape basket with the theme. The common themes that Longaberger have each year are Christmas or holiday baskets, Horizon of Hope baskets, and some type of Master Basket. Horizon of Hope baskets are usually pink and white, and when a basket of this line is sold, $2 from the sale are donated to the American Cancer Society. The holiday baskets, on the other hand, and the reason for this post, is a specialty line of baskets, where the baskets are made in the traditional holiday colors of red, white, and green. These baskets have a particular shape (2013 was in the shape of present, this year’s basket is in the shape of a stocking), and has a story behind the basket. In addition to this year’s stocking basket, there are core baskets, which are painted red, and have a Santa’s belly band around each basket. What I love about each of these baskets, is if you have bought the very first Santa belly basket, any basket that you buy this year, is adding on to your collection of baskets of that line. What I also love about these baskets, is they make good gift baskets. In my next post I will show you how to make a gift basket, but for now just take my word on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment below. Thank you.