Tuesday, January 27, 2015

This Sale Puts the Tea in Treat! January 28-29


  • Treat yourself to our beautiful and versatile Tea Basket at a special price.
  • During this online special, each Tea Basket, in your choice of 8 colors, is just $28.50!
  • On the go or right at home this tea-rific treasure can find a place in your life wherever you need it to be.
  • Visit my Longaberger web site to order today!
Would you like a spot of tea?

My shallots and garlic bulbs in the
Tea basket-minus protector
(c) 2015 P.Lynne Designs
Ok, I am not Mary Poppins, and I am most certainly not British, but I love tea (as well as coffee).  I drink both hot and cold sweet tea, and I have found a little place in a suburb not far from my home, which serves tea, and if I wasn’t such a coffee drinker too, it could rival Starbucks any day of the week. (Did I say that? (In my female version of Steve Urckel))
What flavor? 
When I was a little girl, the only flavors of tea out there in the United States were black tea, and if you wanted a little bit more flavor, then it was the black tea, plus peppermint, chamomile, lemon, or orange.  My mother used to only drink Lipton Tea.  Since then, she has learned to drink other teas, and I have learned to appreciate the different teas and their health benefits.  There is black, Oblong, red, white, and green leaf teas to name a few.  My father, on the other hand, is a coffee drinker all the way, but hates Starbucks, which I introduce to him two months ago, he cannot get past paying over $3 for a cup of coffee.

Brewing tea

Brewing tea for some cultures is an art form within itself.  The Japanese call their tea ceremonies, Way of tea, and it is the ceremonial preparation and presentation of Matcha or powered green tea. They use Buddhism as the influence of this ceremony, and they have both a formal and an informal ceremony.  You can read the rest here. They are often performed by a Geisha.  The Chinese call their ceremony the “Art of Tea.” They have only formal side of making and presenting the tea.  In fact, the Japanese, as well as the Korean and the Vietnamese are all influenced by the Chinese version of this ceremony.  The British have high tea, and to make a proper tea that the British Royalty will enjoy, it requires 8 steps.  I am an old fashioned American woman, and I take my tea with a tea bag, or brew my tea in my Keurig Machine.  I use lemon (if I have it) and sugar or honey, cold or hot.  There is also the American Southern way of serving tea.  I believe it is similar to the British.

Tea basket Sale…  

It does not matter if you like tea, coffee, or both (with a little hot chocolate on the side), the tea basket is great for holding these items, but as I always tell everyone, go outside the basket.  That means, go outside what the name implies.  Here are some Tea Basket ideas: 

(c) 2015 The Longaberger Co.
  • Salt & pepper shakers
  • K-Cups, tea or coffee bags, hot chocolate packets
  • TV remotes, computer disks
  • Address book, note pad & pens
  • Perfume, nail polish or make-up
  • Bath salts & decorative soaps
  • Wedding gift/shower gift with family recipes
  • Teacher gift filled with candy or with dry erase markers/eraser
  • With divided protector: cotton balls, q-tips, keys, sunglasses
  • Sewing notions
  • Recipes, coupons or sponge
  • Coasters
  • Razor and after shave
  • Samples from the store
  • Business cards
  • Small office supplies:  paperclips, pins, tape, thumb tacks, rubber bands
  • Small craft supplies

The tea basket also sits perfectly on any shelf on the spice rack, the retired narrow shelf, and many other wrought iron pieces. Visit my website through the URL at the beginning of this post, on the top menu, or here.


Did you know there is free shipping on all products until the end of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment below. Thank you.