Saturday, June 9, 2018

Announcement: Career Change

Announcement: Career Change
Making a Career Change
Image by P.Lynne Designs
Hello, and Welcome to At Home with Tricia’s Baskets and the first day of June.
From time to time, I will be making announcements on my blogs and on my YouTube channel.  I do not like being in the dark on changes, and I am sure you do not like them either.
This announcement comes on the heels of what I have been dealing with the whole month of May.  As you may have seen on the news and on social media, the owners of Longaberger made an announcement that Longaberger has ceased operations due to a number of things that I will not address on this blog, nor on my Facebook Pages, Tricia’s Baskets-Longaberger and At Home with Tricia’s Baskets.  The reason being that they are dealing with a lot of legal issues, some which I, as part of the sales field, are not privy to seeing, until the owners are able to talk about it to us about it.  I have been going through so many emotions about this, even some that my friends and family do not know about.  I am going to leave it at that.
It will be a month since they made this announcement on May 5, and if sometime in the near future they are able to reopen and resume operations, I will not be continuing with them.  This decision was hard, and I only have one customer who may be affected by the company not able to complete her order.  It was an order in August 2017, and before my website shut down yesterday, I was able to conclude that since there was still an extended order on two the items she asked for.  I will try to contact her to see if she received them, if not, then she can dispute the order with the credit card company and get a refund on the items not received.  This gesture would probably be my last as a Longaberger consultant.  I will inform my upline, Marilyn of that decision before June 30th, which would have been the last day of the current selling season.  I do want to remain friends with her.
June 30 also ends my run in the direct selling industry for now. It has been a good 18 years total.  During this time, I was also a Tastefully Simple consultant and a Your Inspiration at Home consultant (a sister company to Longaberger).  I had fun, made new friends, new customers who are also friends.  It has been a wonderful ride.  My life is changing to a new industry…. The stationery industry, the crafting industry, and Freelance writing. With these industries, I am able to touch more lives, and expand then being just a consultant with an established company, should Longaberger reopen.  I feel like I need to explore this, which I had the company, P. Lynne Designs since 2010.  You can read about it sometime, not in this blog.
This was the whole reason for me to change this blog from what it was, which was an all Longaberger blog.  Now it is including other decorating companies, some home life, family (including pets and singlehood), and travel.  I hope to make it better than the three blogs I had before (Tricia’s Baskets, Simply Organized Crafts, and Traveling to the Mouse’s House).  I hope you will enjoy it.

Here’s to the new blog, full of wonderment, shiny, and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment below. Thank you.